Active KRAV MAGA
is the most efficient self-defense system for dealing with authentic “street” situations.
Principles of KRAV MAGA include:
- Awareness, preventive behavior and risk reduction (utilizing techniques to avoid confrontations before they occur)
- The Human body’s natural, weak and “pressure” points
- Hand-to-hand combat
- Developing strength, speed, flexibility, and reaction time
- Introducing realistic scenarios through exercises, mimicking, stressful situations
- Defenses against all manner of weapon attacks/threats (guns, knives, sticks, etc.)
- Counter moves for dealing with, chokes, grabs, bear hugs, take-downs, etc
- Multiple attacker defenses in both armed and unarmed settings
- Intense cardio workout for endurance, as well as supplemental training to develop balance and a strong core.
And MUCH more!
KID'S MARTIAL ARTS ( AGES 4+ )
This modern Karate Do system is based on the Traditional Martial Art which was developed by Master Gichin Funakoshi at the early 20th century.
Shotokan training is usually divided into three parts: kihon (basics), kata (forms or patterns of moves), and kumite (sparring). Techniques in kihon and kata are characterized by deep, long stances that provide stability, enable powerful movements, and strengthen the legs. Shotokan is often regarded as a ‘hard’ and ‘external’ martial art because it is taught that way to beginners and colored belts to develop strong basic techniques and stances. Initially strength and power are demonstrated instead of slower, more flowing motions. Those who progress to brown and black belt level develop a much more fluid style that incorporates grappling and some aikido-like techniques, which can be found in the black belt katas. Kumite techniques mirror these stances and movements at a basic level, but are less structured, with a focus instead on speed and efficiency.
Our special program allows kids from the age of 4 to participate in the karate class.
Your kids will learn the art of Karate as well as basic Israeli Self Defense techniques.
The class will improve the kids focus, strength, flexibility, stamina, self esteem, discipline and much MORE!
WOMEN'S SELF DEFENSE
We worked hard at collecting international data about the involvement of women in violent assaults and their physical and emotional consequences. This is most important when analyzing situations in order to construct a training program designed specifically for women. Statistics show that violence against women has different backgrounds:
1. Physical violence within the family
2. Sexual assault
3. Assault on a romantic background
4. Conflicts extending the nuclear family
We know that women are not involved, according to statistic measures, in criminal acts, terror with a religious, national or economical background. Therefore, analyzing the situation enables professionals to concentrate on the existing data and train them better in specific self-defense, resistance to pressure, emotional coping and acquiring skills and means to confront situations as mentioned above. There is no intention to train them to become warriors.
The Active Self Defense course is constructed on the basis of several contents, such as:
1. A woman relating to an assault she has endured whose background is, and other examples.
2. A lecture given by a psychologist- coping with unusual situations such as pressure, fear, loss control etc.
3. Training in self-defense skills. (Strangling, embracing, seizing, defending, attacking, kicking, threat and assault with knife, release on ground, behavior and activity in open and closed locations, defense against physical violence, recognizing points of weakness, using any handy weapon etc.
4. Physical training and enhancing mental willingness for self-defense.
5. Coaching interpersonal communication.
6. Law and rule- what is considered assault and self-defense.
7. Exercising simulations of situations in an open or closed space.
8. Recording and control, additional data collecting from the field.
MEN'S AKM FITNESS WORKOUT
This challenging class provides a great workout as you move through a series of stations designed to elevate your heart rate and challenge your muscles. Stations may include body weight exercises, weights, bars, stability balls, punching bags, TRX and more!
GOOD FOR BEGINNERS? Sure! Class may be modified for all levels of fitness.
BODY BENEFITS- Focuses on increasing your cardiovascular fitness and helping you to lose weight/body fat. In addition you will build strength and challenge your muscles!